- WHAT IS PERMANENT MAKEUP?Permanent makeup is the art and science of applying custom blended pigments into the dermal layer of skin to create a tri-dimensional eyebrow, soft subtle eyeliner or a sparking lip blush.
- WHAT IS MICROBLADING?Microblading is a way of implanting pigment under the epidermis using a specially designed tool with micro needles, which leaves thin realistic hair strokes for the most natural finish. Together we design a brow, which compliments your facial structure, your color will be mixed from the highest quality pigments just for you. With this method, I can create very natural hair stroke brow. Sparse or missing brows can be completely restored. When using the hand held microblade, the color is deposited closer to the surface leaving very fine and crisp hair strokes. Microblading is a fantastic treatment for anyone looking to improve or enhance the appearance of his or her eyebrows.
- WHAT IS PARAMEDICAL PERMANENT MAKEUP?Paramedical Permanent Makeup is a term that we use when we are performing procedures such as; Camouflage Repigmentation for cancer survivors after surgery, Scar Relaxation for burn survivors to release the fibrous bands of scar tissue giving the client maneuverability to the affected area, Skin Needling to plump up wrinkles, acne scars, any indented area and stretch marks, or vitiligo Pigment Camouflage where custom blended skin tone pigments are gently inserted into the skin and scars to camouflage them. All of these procedures will produce a more aesthetically pleasing appearance for the client.
- IS PERMANENT MAKEUP SAFE?
- Your technician is licensed and well educated (certified) with continued, ongoing education.
- Your technician is licensed by the Health Department.
- Your technician has a business license.
- Your technician is current with their Blood Borne Pathogen (BBP) education.
- Your technician follows all of OSHA and CDC guidelines for cross contamination
- Your technician uses only single, sterile, one time use needles and products and they are properly disposed of after your procedure.
- DOES IT LOOK NATURAL?When the permanent makeup is applied by a licensed, well-educated and experienced technician who knows how to design your makeup to enhance your facial features and skin tone and uses high quality pigment colors for the results appear very natural.
- HOW LONG DOES PERMANENT MAKEUP LAST?If the Permanent Makeup is applied correctly (inserted into the dermal layer of skin), the pigments used are of high quality and the client follows their aftercare exactly as prescribed by their Artist, the procedure will last a long time. Mitigating circumstances however will dictate how long the procedure application will last. Influences such as your general health, Skin type, chlorine, sun, tanning beds, medications, skin care products containing exfoliating agents, the use of a total sun block on the procedure area, and smoking can affect the longevity of the pigment color.
- WHAT IS INVOLVED IN THE PROCESS OF PERMANENT MAKEUP?
At your appointment we will spend the 1st 15 minutes consulting about what you want during this consultation, you will look at photos of eyeliners, eyebrows and lip color procedures. You will discuss the procedure you are interested in, discuss any contraindications to your having a permanent makeup procedure. We will also discuss shape, color, if you would like individual eyebrow hair strokes or a powder brow. You will now be ready for your procedure.
Your technician along with your guidance will draw on your eyebrows or lip liner. You will both critique the procedure to double check for symmetry. The technician will follow the exact lines she has drawn on so you will see exactly how the procedure will look when the application is completed. For an eyeliner procedure your technician will follow your lash line so you do not need to draw the lines unless you are looking for a dramatic look or wings. Approximately 4-8 weeks later a color refresher appointment may be scheduled if needed. During this appointment the technician will fine tune the design shape and if necessary add more color.
- HOW LONG DOES THE PROCEDURE TAKE?
Plan to schedule at least 2 hours for your procedure. Procedures may take longer depending on the condition and hydration of your skin, your pain threshold, your anxiety level and if you are on any medication or homeopathics that would make you bleed. Anesthesia will be placed on the procedure area for approximately 15-20 minutes. The procedure area will be drawn on and the implantation of pigment should take approximately 45-60 minutes.
Your follow up appointment will be quicker as the technician only needs to work on the areas that need to be fine tuned.
- ARE THE PROCEDURES PAINFUL?
Each person has a different thresh hold for pain. We use the most effective topical anesthesia’s available. We use a pre-anesthesia, a drop of liquid Numit in our pigment and once the skin is open, we use ‘Magic’ anesthesia. Using these 3 anesthesia’s together most people are very comfortable during the procedure application.
If you are anxious or tense when you are having any type of procedure you will feel more discomfort. In this instance we suggest contacting your health care provider for an anti-anxiety medication. If you take any medication you should not drive to or from the procedure. Have someone drive you. There are also several homeopathic remedies that will calm you.
There are several things to consider prior to your procedure, no caffeine, no alcohol, do not schedule your appointment around your menstrual cycle as all of these make you more sensitive.
If you have had a traditional artistic tattoo or have piercings you will find that permanent makeup is easier to tolerate than these procedure.
Some say tweezing their eyebrows is more painful that have permanent makeup.
- ARE THERE ANY CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR PERMANENT MAKEUP?
Yes, if you are under a physician’s care we want you to obtain a release written on their prescription note pad stating that it is safe for you to have a procedure performed. Your health care provider will know if you will heal without any complications. if you are prone to infections or have a compromised immune system.
Contraindications include but are not limited to: Blood thinners, heart medications, aspirin or products containing aspirin, medications for any disease like diabetes, lupus or any autoimmune disease. Also any vitamins or supplements that thin the blood would need to be stopped prior to your procedure but only with the consent of your health care provider.
- WHY DO SOME PEOPLE TAKE AN ANTIHISTAMINE PRIOR TO THEIR PROCEDURE?
Any type of antihistamine will slow down the release of histamine in the procedure area. This serves a three-fold purpose:
- The antihistamine will dry up your tears making your eyeliner procedure easier for the technician.
- The antihistamine will lessen the swelling effect on the procedure area making the insertion of pigment easier for the technician.
- The antihistamine helps many people to relax and fall asleep during the procedure.
Always consult with your health care provider before taking any medication. If you take any medication do not drive to or from your procedure. Have someone drive you and pick you up.
- WHAT WILL I LOOK LIKE AFTER MY PROCEDURE?
Depending on how many times we had to go over an area to implant the pigment, your skin may show very little signs of trauma or may be swollen and red. If you have taken an antihistamine, your swelling will be less than if you have not taken any medication. You may notice swelling for 24-48 hours. You can ice the area for 10 minutes several times a day. This will bring the swelling down faster.
The area will appear darker at first because of the blood and lymph that has been brought to the surface during the permanent makeup/microblading application. The procedure area tissue may crust a bit and this tissue will slough off usually within 5-7 days leaving you with a softer color. The healing process depends on how healthy you are and how hydrated your skin is. The younger you are the faster you will heal and if you are older your skin will take longer to regenerate. All of this is explained in your paperwork at your consultation. This will be repeated at your follow up appointment.
Do not have your permanent makeup applied prior to attending functions that you must look your best. Have your makeup applied at least 4 weeks prior to your function or wait until after your function is over.
- WHAT IS THE AVERAGE FEE FOR PERMANENT MAKEUP?
The average fee for a lip, eyebrow or eyeliner procedure can range from approximately $350.00 to $700.00+.
Each procedure has a set price, although if you are requesting, additional features, such as; highlights for eyeliner, there is additional costs.
Clients should be aware of the technician’s expertise and their credentials, as well as their ongoing education. Is the technician following all Bloodborne Pathogen Laws, their Health Department Regulations, using sterile single packaged needles, and products?
Laws dictate that the technician performing a procedure must wear an apron or clean covering, wear a clean, new mask, gloves, arm coverings and eye protection for each client. Does the technician follow these guidelines? You should interview them just as you would a new physician or dentist.
Your eyebrow or lip procedure must be drawn on prior to application to measure for symmetry before starting the procedure.
When a person is just concerned about the dollar amount to be spent, remember the old adage…’You Get What You Pay For’! Are these fees realistic? Yes. You must take into consideration that you look at more than the total fee for any procedure. This is YOUR face. What is it worth to you?
- DO TECHNICIANS EVER REUSE THEIR NEEDLES?
Only an unethical technician would reuse their needles and products left on the tray after the client’s procedure. Research your technician carefully. Ask for references, read reviews, look at pictures of their work, Make sure they are highly experienced! Call your local health department to make sure the technician has not had any complaints lodged against them.
Needles should be used once and disposed of in a sharps container. The technician should open the needle being used for your procedure in front of you and disposed of at the end of the procedure while you are watching them.
- HOW DO I CARE FOR MY PROCEDURE AFTER?
You will also receive an ‘After Care ‘pack consisting of paperwork with explicit instructions on how to care for your procedure area for the next week, a packet of ointment and several cotton swabs.
We prefer that you use only the ointment as it is non-reactive on the skin. Using Neosporin, Bacitracin or other products may cause an allergic reaction on open skin. If you experience any type of redness, irritation or pain stop using the product and phone your technician who will advise you what to do. If you have received an eyeliner procedure, do not rub or touch your eyes with your fingers as they are laden with bacteria. You will also create a corneal abrasion (scratches on the cornea) Use a cotton swab to apply your petroleum.
Follow your aftercare instructions exactly and you will have a beautiful procedure.
Please call us for a free phone consultation. We will be happy to provide you with our guidelines prior to your procedure.
We do our 50% to give you a beautiful procedure….While you are responsible for the other 50% with your aftercare.
Together we can create a long lasting, beautiful, natural permanent makeup procedure.
Serving the Madison, Wi, Milwaukee, Wi. and Chicago, ILL areas.
Couldn't find the answer? Just ask!
CONTACT TAMMY STANEK FOR YOUR PERMANENT MAKEUP CONSULTATION LOCATED IN MADISON, WI.
Tammy’s skill and professionalism are of the highest caliber. Her vast experience and specialized training from an Italian based pioneer in the field of tricopigmentation, make her the top choice! Her customer service and facilities are beyond excellent. Highly recommended!
I had gotten so tired of using powders and pencils to define my sparse brows every morning, so I did a lot of research and chose lasting beauty for my microblading. I was nervous about what the end result might be. I was put at ease by Tammy and I could not recommend her more. I’m so happy with my brows and I wish I hadn’t waited so long!
My lip line has been uneven for years. I had lip liner done and had a great outcome! The lip color matches well to natural color and now lips are even.
Such a great experience! I love the final look of my brows. Tammy is excellent at her craft and her reviews are second to none! Loved them so much, my little sister had hers done too. You won’t regret it. Great value!
Fantastic job at microblading! She listened to exactly what I wanted and helped me visualize my “perfect” brow
Such a wonderful experience. Tammy made me feel very comfortable. I feel like I look 10 years younger. Professional setting. Would highly recommend her services.
I’ve been going to Tammy for several years now to get my eyebrows done. You are in the best of hands with her. She is incredibly talented, professional and kind. If you’ve been thinking about permanent makeup for a while now, don’t hesitate any longer. Tammy will work wonders for you!! It is 110% worth it. Everyday I am grateful for my perfect eyebrows.
Tammy Stanek was wonderful. Made me feel at ease and very professional. I highly recommend her!!
The detailed information and professionalism Tammy provides is #1, loved her thoroughness and end results are exactly as promised. Highly recommend!!
I was impressed with Tammy and her process from start to finish. She was very professional (as is her salon) and friendly, making me feel at ease. She took the time to talk with me so that she would really understand what I was looking for. She had pictures to show of results so that I would know what to expect. She did a great job on both the eyeliner and teaching me about aftercare for best long term results.